We are looking for a Quality Assurance software engineer to design, implement, debug, and integrate modules of the satellite Network Management System based on Skyline’s Dataminer framework. This is part of the multiservice satellite communications platform that allows satellite service providers to build and adapt their network easily as their business grows. The job is based in the center of Europe, in the multicultural city of Luxembourg.
You will be an integral part of a committed team of experienced, friendly, and talented colleagues, who are passionate about software development and support each other perfectly. You will have the chance to work with innovative technologies and take a leading role in shaping the satellite communications of the future.
You will be responsible for the Quality Assurance of the satellite Network Management System and all the modules that it contains. You will define the test strategy inside the scrum team and decide on the best combination of automated, manual, and exploratory testing to provide the best possible coverage for the various modules and components that make up the NMS system.
You will work closely with the development team to understand the development lifecycle. You will be responsible for planning the test scope, implementing, and executing the automated testing, as well as executing the manual and exploratory tests which are needed for each release. You will be working with product owners to better define the requirements and software developers to chase down and fix bugs.
All this time you will be making suggestions to improve the design and functionality of a platform which has a large, deployed base and is a key component of our customers’ infrastructures.
What we are looking for
- At least three years of experience in software testing.
- An aspiration to gain a thorough understanding of satellite communications and an eagerness to comprehend end-to-end complex integrated systems.
- Experience in automated testing and scripting. Experience in specific frameworks such as Robot or Cucumber is a plus.
- An interest to engage in both manual and exploratory testing, depending on the component being tested and the needs of the project.
- Eagerness to work closely with developers, architects, product owners and field engineers and willingness to take part in the entire SDLC, from initial requirements analysis all the way to resolution of the last bug found during Factory Acceptance Testing.
- Experience in data networks (TCP/IP). Experience using Wireshark for analysis and troubleshooting is a plus.
- Experience in Linux to facilitate troubleshooting and log collection (command line, logging, file permissions). Basic shell scripting is a plus.
- Experience working with databases for troubleshooting purposes (SQL, NoSQL, TSDB).
- Experience with Python.
- Experience with REST, SOAP and XML.
- A bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, or equivalent experience.
- You are self-motivated and enjoy taking on the role of the gatekeeper of quality for our software deliverables.
- You are comfortable working in Agile mode.
- You have worked with GIT (and even Bitbucket in particular).
- Effective communication skills, written and spoken English at proficiency level.
- You're expected to relocate to Luxembourg, as you're expected to work either on the client site, at the office or sometimes from home.
- Preference is given to candidates holding a valid work permit for Luxembourg.
- You are an excellent team player.
What we offer
- An attractive salary and relocation package.
- A comprehensive training plan, starting with onboarding, which caters to your development needs and helps you achieve your career goals.
- A supportive environment where people come first.
- Flexible and remote working options.
- An opportunity to work in a challenging fast-paced environment with the latest technologies which affect the lives of billions of people around the globe.
- Work-life balance which includes an exciting lifestyle in the heart of Europe, in the multicultural city of Luxembourg.
Who we are
Amphinicy Technologies is a leading provider of complex software solutions for the space industry. We have been delivering solutions to the top players and organizations in the satellite and space industry for over 20 years, from our two offices in both Croatia and Luxembourg. Our engineers are leading experts in the domains of Satellite Communication and Earth Observation, and our unending focus is the perpetual improvement of the quality and efficiency of our state-of-the-art solutions in a creative, enjoyable, and supportive work environment.
Luxembourg is situated at the crossroads of Europe, between Germany, Belgium, and France. Despite its small size it sports a powerful economy with several well paid and diverse job opportunities, and with long-term career prospects. World-class infrastructure, one of the best healthcare systems in Europe and a vibrant and multicultural nightlife complete the puzzle of one of the best countries to live and work in.
Does this sound interesting to you? Please send us your questions/CV through below application form.