We are looking for a junior/intermediate software developer to reinforce our team which has more than two decades of experience in the satellite industry. As our new colleague you will contribute to the development and testing of a C++ Embedded Application for one of our key customers. The role is based in our development center in the heart of Europe, the city of Luxembourg.
You will be an integral part of an already existing team of experienced, friendly, and talented colleagues, who are passionate about software development and support each other perfectly. You'll have the chance to work with cutting-edge technologies and take a leading role in ensuring the satellite communications of the future work properly!
You will actively participate in implementation, validation, and delivery phases of the software project. You will be expected to learn fast, be communicative, produce and maintain clean and efficient code following development and quality standards, on time and in budget. Most of all you have a passion for software development, allowing you to produce the software that the customer needs.
What we are looking for
- You hold at least a Bachelor's degree in any field of Engineering (or equivalent degree/work experience)
- You have 2+ years of experience working on C++ based software projects
- Your favorite IDE is CLion, not Visual Studio Code, or was it the other way around? Either way you can’t live without CMake
- You insist on doing Test-Driven Development and with GoogleTest please!
- You’ve be known to wrangle Yocto and BitBake into submission to cross-compile for an ARM-based target
- You have used CoAP or ZeroMQ and Protocol Buffers greatly. You have used CCSDS communication protocols, even better - it is a BIG plus!
- You ask, “What branch strategy?”, when we say, “Use Git”. You demand a feature ID before creating any branch
- You have a DevOps hat in your closet, understanding the importance of automation, you have used tools such as Jenkins, Sonar, Nexus, Docker, Ansible, Python and Bash to achieve not only CI/CD but also automated testing!
- You having knowledge of Kafka would definitely be an advantage.
- You know UML and Design Patterns are communication tools and SOLID principles guide your development
- You will be comfortable working in Waterfall but prefer Agile projects. Stories, their Estimation and Sprint Ceremonies in general are no mystery to you
- You are meticulous and organized, ready to go the extra mile to make sure that your code is clean and test coverage is what it should be… 100%?!
- You communicate easily and enjoy working closely with other software developers, but also product managers, and validation engineers
- You are a fast learner, eager for new concepts, not afraid when challenged to apply them
- You can work independently when given tasks, but you also know when to ask for help
- You produce clean, readable, and well-structured documentation in impeccable English
What we offer
- An attractive salary and relocation package.
- A comprehensive training plan, starting with onboarding, which caters to your development needs and helps you achieve your career goals.
- A supportive environment where people come first.
- Flexible and remote working options.
- An opportunity to work in a challenging fast-paced environment with the latest technologies which affect the lives of billions of people around the globe.
- Work-life balance which includes an exciting lifestyle in the heart of Europe, in the multicultural city of Luxembourg.
Who we are
Amphinicy Technologies is a leading provider of complex software solutions for the space industry. We have been delivering solutions to the top players and organizations in the satellite and space industry for over 20 years, from our two offices in both Croatia and Luxembourg. Our engineers are leading experts in the domains of Satellite Communication and Earth Observation, and our unending focus is the perpetual improvement of the quality and efficiency of our state-of-the-art solutions in a creative, enjoyable, and supportive work environment.
Luxembourg is situated at the crossroads of Europe, between Germany, Belgium, and France. Despite its small size it sports a powerful economy with several well paid and diverse job opportunities, and with long-term career prospects. World-class infrastructure, one of the best healthcare systems in Europe and a vibrant and multicultural nightlife complete the puzzle of one of the best countries to live and work in.
Challenge accepted? Please send us your questions/CV at firstname.lastname@example.org, or simply fill in the application form.